Saturday, October 9, 2010

Concealer & Foundation, PLUS Reviews on products

So I am currently taking a study break right now! I am in the process of reading a novel, writing a paper and briefing several legal cases for class.. eek!
It is also horribly wet here today! Rain has been pouring down non-stop since last night and I can hear the wetness and rain through my sliding doors: I am NOT liking it at all!
This weather makes me lazy and this weekend I definitely cannot be!

Anyways, back to this post!
I have used concealer/ foundation for as long as I can remember! My whole life I have been an extreme girly-girl and for this reason, make-up has always resonated in my everyday life in some way.
However, this past year I realized that I did not know the real definitions of concealer and foundation!
I have no idea if you ladies have ever had this problem, but I thought I would give a short definition of each and let you into my world of the products I use!




Concealer:  a type of makeup used to mask pimples, dark circles and other small blemishes visible on the skin. Concealers usually do a good job of hiding blemishes by blending the imprefection into the surrounding skin tone.
(definition from Wikipedia)

As most beauty junkies, I am always on the constant search for the "holy grail" beauty products. This is especially true when it comes to a great concealer!
For this reason, I have tried so many different products! Any time my concealer runs out, I am always switching brands and types on the never-ending search for the perfect one!
However, about 2 months ago when I ran out of my previous concealer, I ran into Nordstrom to ask someone to point me to a great concealer. WELL.. The lovely lady working for Clarins pointed me to Dior.
Dior! I thought why not, Dior is a HIGH end make-up and fashion retailer, and though I might not want to purchase concealer for a ridiculous price, I might as well try a sample anyway- no harm no foul, right!?
Well.. turns out I LOVED the product! I found the "one." The concealer was not oily, not drying, and it did not apply cakey which is a must because that is simply a pet-peeve of mine!
However, after investigating further into this product, I have came across some unsettling news.
Dior seems to appear on many "we test make-up on animals" lists, and this is a strict NO-NO for me!
SO.. Though I think I have found my "holy-grail" concealer, until I find more information as to whether this animal-testing rant is true, I will continue the hunt for a GREAT & NON-ANIMAL TESTING product!
DIOR 'DIORSKIN' SKIN PERFECTING HYDRATING CONCEALER
Comes in 4 colors, the one I use is Beige 002
$28.00 at Nordstrom

Foundation: a flesh-toned cosmetic applied to the face to create an even, uniform color to the complexion, to cover flaws, and, sometimes, to change the natural skintone.
(definition from Wikipedia)

This is the product that I was most confused on! I never really thought about foundation as being a foundation, if that makes sense. This is because foundation is commonly found in either liquid, OR powder form. Some people wear only concealer, some only foundation, and some both! I wear both.
I also use a powder foundation which I have been using for several years now. This is Bare Minerals Foundation. This product is definitely a favorite foundation among many people and the mineral powder is supposed to be better for skin and coverage. Once again, I hate to look cakey, so this product does the trick! Bare Minerals also just came out with a more expansive line of foundations, therefore to provide a more suitable product for more customers. With this expansion, they added a "matte" foundation, along with the original foundation that they have always had. Looking at my product, I purchased the Matte foundation when I recently bought a new one, however this one is a bit more cakey in my opinion (I do not have exceptionally oily skin, and for this reason the product does not absorb into my pores as well as if I had oilier skin).
For me, I would purchase the original foundation in the future, however matte is also still really good, especially if you have oily skin!
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Matte Foundation SPF 15
Many colors! Check at your local Sephora or Nordstrom :) I use Medium Beige W20
Matte: $28.00, Original: $25.00

What is your favorite concealer/foundation? I would LOVE to know!!
Thanks for reading and don't forget to follow me!
xoxo Pearls&Politics

No comments:

Post a Comment